International Energy and LNG Attorney
We have represented an equity partner of a multi-billion dollar JV company in the Middle
East, and have represented LNG carriers, FPSO, and LNG liquefied/regas terminal
builders. We have also represented a multi-billion dollar Texas energy company as an
LNG commercial and market developer before government-owned companies located
throughout Asia, the Middle East, as well as North and West Africa.
We provide general business advice and corporate legal services legal services to national
and foreign entities, major energy companies, LNG vessel/FPSO builders, LNG EPC
contractors on a broad spectrum of energy and natural resource transactions worldwide,
including representation in international Transaction and Litigation.
Driven by the sincere aim to build and strengthen solid personal and long-term business
relationship with the client, we endeavor to ensure that the clients’ real needs are
understood and kept in mind to resolve their complicated business and legal issues.
US-Korea Sales & Business Development
Past and Current Representation
Daewoo Engineering & Construction
Daewoo Shipbuilding Marine Engineering
Korea Gas Corporation
Korea Ras Raffan LNG
OCI International Inc.
POSCO Engineering & Construction
Samsung Austin Semiconductor
Legal Representation of over 2,000 clients & small businesses
2006 – Present
Sales & Business Development Attorney
Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co.,Ltd.
Developed new clients and marketed their services and products to RasGas in Qatar,
Provided Energy, LNG and Tax legal advice
2010 – 2012
Counsel to President & CEO
Korea Ras Raffan LNG, a shareholder of RasGas
KORAS is a JV between Korea Gas Corporation, Samung, Hyundai, LG, SK, Daesung & Hanwha
Developed new clients and maintained existing clients; Developed new partnership in U.S; Provided Administrative, Tax, FCPA/Compliance and Energy legal advice.
2008 – 2010
LNG Carrier Sales & Business Development Consultant
Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering
Successfully marketed the DSME in Qatar and U.S.
2006 – 2008
Sales, Marketing & Business Development Attorney * Counsel
Energy, LNG, FCPA/Compliance & International Practice
Developed new clients & marketed the firm in Korea, China, Qatar, UAE, Oman & Algeria
2004 – 2006
Board of Director
Superbowl XXXVIII Houston, Carolina Panthers v. New England Patriots
February 2003 – February 2004
Sales, Marketing & Business Development Attorney * Senior Counsel
Locke Lord LLP
Energy, LNG and International Practice
Developed new clients and marketed the firm in Korea and Southeast companies in U.S.
2002 – 2004
Assistant U.S. Attorney
U.S. Department of Justice
Represented the United States in Criminal and Civil Proceedings
1994 – 2002
Oral Roberts University
The George Washington University
Political Science and Government
University of Maryland University College
Bachelor of Science (BS), Political Science and Government
University of Maryland School of Law
Doctor of Law (J.D.)
University of Houston Law Center
Master’s Degree, LLM, Intellectual Property & Entertainment/Sports Law
London School of Economics and Political Science
European Common Market Law Program.
U.S. - Korea Business Development I FCPA I Compliance I LNG I EPC I Construction I Shipbuilding I Government Procurement I Criminal Defense
- Extensive experience in representing both U.S. and South Korean EPC & Energy companies.
- Advised and represented ConocoPhillips in their dealings with South Korean energy, shipbuilding and construction companies.
- Advised and represented Samsung Austin Semiconductor.
- Advised and represented on behalf of Excerelate Energy, which owns and operates nine LNG regas carriers, before Sonatrach, Oman LNG, Qatargas, and Korea Gas Corporation.
- On behalf of Korea Ras Laffan LNG (KORAS), which is composed of Korea Gas Corporation, Samsung, Hyundai, LG, SK, Daesung and Hanwha, he has successfully represented KORAS in Qatar and in U.S.
International Business Development Representation
- Represented and marketed Daewoo Engineering & Construction on their first engineering project with RasGas in Qatar.
- Served as a consultant to Daewoo Shipbuilding Marine Engineering (DSME) in marketing and selling their three LNG carriers.
- Served as a Senior Counsel with Lord & Locke (Houston) and Denton US LLP (Kansas City).
U.S. Government Contracts I Business Development
- Represented business owners before government and/or private entities in obtaining government contracts.
- Served as a Congressional staffer for the Speaker of U.S. House of Representatives in Washington, DC for 9 years.
- Served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice (Houston) for 9 years.
Rev. Billy Graham left this world to be with the Lord at 99 today, Feb. 21, 2017. Back in June 1972, I can recall Graham’s visit to South Korea for a five-day revival. Three million people gathered at Yeoido Square to hear the preaching. I …Continue
Nick Foles, Super Bowl LII MVP, has a calling far greater than throwing touchdown passes. Foles wants to become a pastor. After leading the Philadelphia Eagles to a Super Bowl, Foles has become a folk hero in a city that has desperately waited for a …Continue
The 2nd Annual LNG Summit is on the doorstep and going to held on February 27, 2018, in Houston, Texas. It will be a great opportunity for knowledge sharing and networking opportunities. The delegates from the prominent companies participating in this summit discussing LNG regulations, …Continue